The little black book of champagne
Not everyone knows their Nebuchadnezzar from their Melchior, but it’s very quick to learn. That’s why we’ve created the Lanson Little Black Book of Champagne to help you unlock all the secrets.
Our Little Black Book explains everything you need to know, along with the story of champagne and many more entertaining champagne facts and anecdotes. If you’re in the UK, simply click below to claim this free, exclusive champagne guide. You never know when it’ll come in handy.Click here
There are a multitude of tastes in champagne, and in order to illustrate the differences and simplify this knowledge, we’ve put together a taste map for you.
Carefully mapped by wine experts, our taste map shows you what you can expect from all the different styles of champagne, including our own. From everyday aperitifs to rare vintages, our portfolio includes Champagne Lanson, Besserat de Bellefon, Tsarine, Masse and Gauthier and demonstrates the different tastes and styles we offer to suit every palate.
Lanson Black Label Brut NV
This legendary champagne is the flagbearer for Lanson’s house style: fresh, crisp, zesty and full of flavour
Lanson Rose Label Brut Rosé NV
The UK’s favorite rosé champagne: deliciously delicate and crisp with red berry notes
Lanson White Label Sec NV
In its iconic white bottle, this champagne is zesty and refreshing with a softer, off dry character
Lanson Ivory Label Demi-Sec NV
Demi-sec in style, this fruity, vibrant champagne has a touch of added sweetness to bring out the delicate fruit flavours
Lanson Gold Label Vintage 2008
This wine is made exclusively from grapes from Grand Cru vineyards and is the ultimate expression of a single year
Lanson Extra Age Brut NV
Created to mark the 250th anniversary of the house, this is a multi-vintage blend of exceptional wines from the most highly regarded Grand and Premier Cru vineyards
Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV
An elegant multi-vintage blend of Grand Cru and Premier Cru Chardonnay and Pinot Noir this wine is a combination of classic freshness and generous fruitiness
Lanson Extra Age Blanc des Blancs Brut NV
Made only with Chardonnay grapes, this wine is delicate and fresh with a hint of brioche
Lanson Noble Cuvée Brut 2002
Noble Cuvée is made exclusively from Grand Cru grapes. Dense yet fresh on the palate, with complex flavours of citrus, pear, spices and honey and a touch of minerality
Lanson Noble Cuvée Brut Rosé Brut NV
A bright, light pink colour with an abundance of fine bubbles. Delightful aromas of dried roses and berries give way to delicately balanced acidity and ripe fruit flavours
Lanson Noble Cuvée Blanc des Blancs Brut 2002
A true delight for champagne enthusiasts, Lanson Noble Cuvée Blanc de Blancs 2002 is fresh and precise on the palate with a complex yet elegant finish
Lanson Vintage Collection
The House of Lanson is one of a select few champagne houses to possess a truly impressive range of fine vintage champagnes dating back to 1976
Clos Lanson Extra Brut 2006
Made with grapes from a unique 1 hectare plot within the walled city of Reims. Rich concentrated fruit flavours, toasty biscuity notes and a long, fresh finish
Lanson Père et Fils Brut NV
Aged for a minimum of 4 years, this wine pays homage to the house style and is beautifully structured, with rounded finesse and layers of complexity
Lanson Green Label Organic Brut NV
The first widely available organic champagne, this wine is produced using only organic grapes. Ripe fruit flavours combine with a mineral undertone to create a unique cuvée
As one of the oldest holders of the Royal Warrant, we’re a family-run House in the capital of Champagne, Reims.
Within the grounds of the House, you’ll find the last remaining walled vineyard in Reims, known as a Clos Lanson. We also boast a library of fine and rare vintages of Champagne Lanson stored in the limestone cellars that lie underneath the House in Reims.
Traditional champagne winemaking gives each vintage blend the ability to age gracefully, and at Lanson, these bottles rest in the cellars for at least five years before we release them. This is just one of the many traditional methods we use to enable us to produce such carefully crafted and great tasting champagne.
As we’ve been producing some of the world’s finest champagnes since 1760, each carefully considered part of our craft has been passed down from generation to generation throughout all these years.
It’s no wonder our champagne is famous across the globe.
Lanson Champagne is proud to partner with some of the most popular events both UK and globally and look forward with sharing photos and insider knowledge of these events shortly!
CHAMPAGNE LANSON WIMBLEDON 2018 COMPETITION terms & Conditions
Those under legal purchasing age for alcohol should not enter this promotion.
1. This offer is only open to UK residents, aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of Lanson International, their families, agents, or anyone else professionally associated with this offer.
2. To enter, email your full name, address and contact mobile/daytime phone number to email@example.com
3. Only one entry is allowed per person. Entries sent through trade, consumer groups, agents or third parties will not be accepted.
4. The offer starts at 00.01am on 26.0618 and closes at 11.59pm on 01.07.18. We will confirm the winner via return email by 02.07.18. Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
5. First prize is 2 Centre Court tickets for Saturday 14th July along with a bottle of Lanson White Label to enjoy at the Champagne Bar*.
6. Second prize is an exclusive Wimbledon goody bag including official Wimbledon merchandise and a magnum of Lanson White Label signed by some of the tennis greats [not necessarily current players].
7. 3 runners up prizes are a bottle of limited edition Wimbledon White Label [75cl].
8. For the first prize, travel to and from The Championships, Wimbledon is not included and dates cannot be amended.
9. The prize is not transferable, refundable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative and it cannot by redeemed in conjunction with any other offers.
10. Only direct recipients of the offer notification email may gain entry to the promotion. Any forwarded or copied emails are invalid and will be refused entry to the event.
11. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence, apart from notification, will be entered into.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any messages that are lost, delayed or unable to send due to lack of internet connection, faulty hardware, or that cannot be delivered due to the recipient’s spam filters, firewalls, capacity of the mailbox or any for any other reason beyond the Promoter’s control.
13. By accepting the prize, consent is automatically given to participate in reasonable unpaid publicity for and on behalf of the Promoter if so requested.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms & Conditions.
15. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the offer, the Promoter at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Terms & Conditions.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend or terminate this offer, in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
17. By entering, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. All entry instructions form part of the Terms & Conditions.
18. Name and county of the winners will be available on request to those writing within ten weeks of the published closing date, enclosing a SAE to Champagne Lanson, Pilgrim Marketing, 3rd Floor, 16-17 Little Portland Street, London, W1W 8BP
19. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any point during the offer if circumstances outside its control make this unavoidable. Any amendments will be explained at the top of these Terms & Conditions.
20. It is not the intention of the promoter to use this promotion in any way to encourage excessive consumption of alcohol. Champagne Lanson is recommended to be shared with friends.
21. The Promoter will collect data for the purposes of administering this promotion only and will not retain it once the winner has received their prize.
22. Lanson International are the promoter and accepts no liability whatsoever for the promotion.
23. These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Promoter: Lanson International, 18 Bolton Street, London W1J 8BJ. Please do not send entries to this address.